Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Without Limits Summer Open ..or: 5 Great things about racing close to home ..or: The disadvantage of aero wheels


5 Great things about racing close to home
1. Waking up at 5:45 for an 8 a.m. start time
2. Starting to get ready at 9p.m. the night before*
3. Eating the food that you already own, no grocery store runs
4. No packing!
5. Racing with friends and teammates** to cheer you on!

AND....

The disadvantage of racing close to home and aero wheels

1. I thought I knew what I was doing. *I didn’t look at the course beforehand. Apparently it has loops.
2. I missed a turn and headed back to T2 after 2 of 3 loops
4. Everyone I passed seemed to accept I was the first female... **even my own teammate volunteering :-)
3. LUCKILY I realized my mistake (thanks to the athlete who helped me out!) and turned around before I got to T2 cause that would have been embarrassing.... or funny. or both. :)
5. Either my sweet 5 year old Cervelo Dual looks fast with a borrowed front wheel, disc covers, and my aero helmet or it’s those fancy MORF kits!

In summary: I rode 3 extra miles on a beautiful Sunday morning, had a great post-race massage and enjoyed tasty food!

No comments:

Post a Comment