Thursday, January 22, 2009

Team Night Ride Week of Jan. 26th???

Hey team,
I think Erik's in town next week, so I figured I'd plant the seed a week in advance in hopes that we can have as many people who are dumb enough to ride mountain bikes at night show up. Greg and I headed out to some new trails in South Boulder that you can access out of the Dowdry Draw trail head called Flat Irons Vista and Spring Brook loops. We even found a trail not on the map, and proceeded to get lost on it for a while (completely by accident). Anyways, if the trails are dry enough, we should go there. It's great riding during the day, making it pretty spectacular at night. Look at your work/famliy schedules and see what day you can carve out to meet between 5:30 and 6:00 pm in South Boulder and let's ride!

As always, don't rule out riding in Fort Collins out of Justin's house. It's not as far away as you think the trail is freak'in awesome.

4 comments:

  1. I vote Tuesday night. Erik, can you make it out? Greg, how's that work for you? Justin, any interest in riding in Boulder? Vanessa, I can see you right now, so no need to ask a question by blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wednesday off work, so thats my ride day this week. May be interested in coming down to boulder to ride in the PM, say, 2-5, anyone interested? Erin started work at BCH, those are her hours M,W, and F. Could bring the road bike. How are the trails?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having new eyes installed and will be recovering for some time after. I'll try to keep you all updated.

    Perhaps Tues. eve. before the surgery would, in theory, work well for me schedule-wise. But did you see how cold and snowy it is out there? I have no desire to be that tough of a biker... but looking forward to hearing about your adventure if you do get out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given the snow, I may switch to doing some cross country skiing in Boulder if they are able to groom some tracks. Looks like we'll get some more snow tonight. I agree, the bike trails probably have a little too much snow. Justin, you can come turn some laps on your Randonee setup if you're interested in training...

    ReplyDelete